Closes: Feb 28, 2024
Based in Corowa
- Work a 9-day fortnight
- Supportive and family-friendly organisation
- Opportunity to grow and develop your skills
The Team Leader Grader is responsible for supervising Council’s Grader Gang and operating Council’s plant in a competent and efficient manner in order to support the road maintenance and construction teams in its commitment to develop and maintain a safe and efficient road and transport network for Federation Council.
Ideally you will be someone who can demonstrate the following criteria
- Grader Operator Statement of Competency and/or demonstrated experience in this field.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team/gang.
- Certificate III in Civil Construction or equivalent.
- Hold a Medium Rigid (MR) driver licence with ability to achieve Heavy Combination (HC).
- A general construction induction certificate (white card),
- NSW Traffic Management certificates,
- Experience in road maintenance & construction activities,
- Ability to Supervise works, as well being able to operate plant and be part of the team at the same time.
If you don’t meet all of the above, we are willing to provide training if we think you have skills that we can build on and the right mind-set for the role.
What we offer
Federation Council values our employees and the contribution they make to ensure the success and growth of our organisation. Some benefits of working at Federation Council include:
- Be part of a team contributing to your local community;
- A family friendly organisation;
- Opportunities in career enhancement;
- Regional relaxed lifestyle;
- Fortnightly rostered days off;
- Long service leave entitlements after 5 years’ service; and
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
The appointment will be in accordance with the Local Government (State) Award and Council’s policies and conditions of employment. The salary will be within the range of $1,255.00 plus attraction allowance of $63.60 to $1,385.40 plus attraction allowance of $70.10 per week plus adverse working allowance, depending on qualifications, experience and skills.
How to find out more
To find out more about this opportunity you can contact our HR Department on 02 6033 8999.