Closes: Feb 28, 2024
Based in Corowa, but will work across the Federation Council area
- Full Time - 76 hours per fortnight.
- Opportunity to grow and develop your skills
Are you someone who wants to:
- Work outdoors and operate plant and equipment.
- Be in a role that offers variety.
- Gain the skills needed to build a successful career in the installation and maintenance of reticulation systems.
Then you should consider joining our team.
At Federation our focus is on delivering quality services to our community and our main priority is to maintain and improve our water supply, sewerage and flood protection services. Our reticulation team plays a key role in achieving this goal by maintaining and repairing water and sewer reticulation assets to ensure they meet the needs of our residents and industry.
We are looking for enthusiastic people who either have experience in maintaining reticulation systems or a willingness to learn and gain new skills in this industry.
In this role you will be able to apply a diverse range of skills when you:
- Operate plant and equipment to maintain, repair and construct water supply and sewerage mains and services.
- Carry out plumbing duties to maintain treatment plants, pump stations, water and sewer mains, reservoirs and Council facilities.
- Install concrete kerbs and footpaths.
You will also participate in the on-call and scheduled overtime roster, on a rotational basis, to provide after hours, weekend and public holiday response, and perform pre-approved overtime from time to time.
Ideally you will be someone who can demonstrate the following criteria
- Displays resilience and adaptability
- Works collaboratively within teams
- Has a Certificate III in Water Industry Operations (reticulation), or Plumbing or willingness to complete Certificate III in Water Industry Operations (reticulation)
- Has a Construction Induction Certificate (White Card)
- Holds a current and valid Medium Rigid (MR) Licence, and competency certificates in backhoe skid steer and excavator or a willingness to obtain
- Is willing obtain certifications related to non-friable asbestos removal, confined spaces and first aid if you don’t already hold them
If you don’t meet all of the above, we are willing to provide training if we think you have skills that we can build on and the right mind-set for the role.
What we offer
- An opportunity for you to grow and develop your skills
- The opportunity to explore a diversity of career paths
- Fortnightly rostered days off
- Long service leave entitlements after 5 years’ service
The appointment will be in accordance with the Local Government State Award and Council’s policies and conditions of employment. The salary will be within the range of $1,109.30 to $1,255.00 per week plus allowances, depending on qualifications, experience, and skills. Rostered on-call, overtime and out of hours responses attract additional remuneration. This is a Grade 8-9 in Federation Council’s Salary System.