Closes: Mar 05, 2024
Graduate/Technical Officers are accountable for the safe, reliable and efficient delivery of the water and wastewater services provided by Council through the operation and maintenance of the water and wastewater treatment plants, pumping stations and associated infrastructure.
Responsibilities include monitoring, controlling, and optimising process performance in response to water and wastewater quality and or hydraulic variations and identify faults and operational condition of plant and report in accordance with statutory requirements.
To be successful in this position you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
- Working in Confined Spaces competency (or willingness to obtain)
- Working at Heights competency (or willingness to obtain)
- Construction Industry Induction (White Card)
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment with good time management skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be proficient in the use of computers and learning new software applications
- Strong work ethic and reliability
The salary for this fixed term position is up to $77,000 (plus applicable allowances and superannuation) in accordance with the Local Government (State) Award, working a nine-day fortnight, 38 hours per week. The successful applicant(s) will be required to participate in a rotating on-call roster and be available to work extended hours, including weekends in accordance with operational requirements.
Applicants must provide a copy of their transcript, a current resume, and cover letter outlining how they meet the requirements above.
Applications close Monday 4 March 2024
Cobar Shire Council welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights (with no Visa restrictions) in Australia to apply for this position.