Closes: Mar 06, 2024
Are you looking for a rewarding career where you can grow and develop while having the benefit of living in an idyllic North Coast location? Here at Clarence Valley Council, we strive to be a progressive employer that offers a rewarding and flexible work environment. Our vision is to create a community full of opportunity and our workforce is where we start to achieve our community aspirations.
Located in the Northern Rivers of NSW, we cover 10,441 square kilometres with the three major community hubs of Grafton, Yamba and Maclean. We are one of the biggest employers in the Valley and can offer you a rewarding career and a new lifestyle. Our goal is to be the employer of choice in the Valley, creating opportunities for those who live here already and for those who want to move here.
We are in a exciting period of transformation with a focus on employee engagement, satisfaction and delivering exceptional services and facilities for the community.
We strive to lead with openness and courage and want you to be part of that journey.
So come and join the team while enjoying all that Clarence Valley has to offer you and your family.
Learn more about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- permanent full time - 70 hours per fortnight
- the package: $92,096 - $109,827 plus superannuation per annum
- location: Grafton
- flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- enjoy the benefits of flex time
- access to fitness passport
- assistance with relocation expenses
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity at Clarence Valley Council for the right person to be the lead for our economic development and tourism team. We have created a Coordinator Economic Development and Tourism position to coordinate and implement economic initiatives to improve our sustainable long-term growth for Clarence Valley.
This position will drive the Clarence Valley Regional Economic Development Strategy actions, support event development within the area and build the already successful brand ‘myclarencevalley’. You will provide strategic and needs-based advice in support of local business and the visitor economy sector, acknowledging the impact that local businesses, local jobs, visitor economy, arts and events have on supporting a healthy, engaged and prosperous community.
Our ideal candidate will have relevant tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce, Economics/Economic Development, visitor economy, tourism or other relevant fields or significant work experience in a related field. Experience in managing a small team of staff who deliver on industry, visitor and event development.
You need to demonstrate experience in initiation and facilitation of industry, community and stakeholder engagement and working in partnership with internal and public and private stakeholders to achieve collaborative outcomes.
If this sounds like your next career move, have a look at the PD and application. We look forward to hearing from you.
Download the position description here.
To be considered for this position you will need to:
- Address the essential criteria
- Attach a cover letter (2 pages maximum) and an up-to-date resume (5 pages maximum) that clearly details your skills & experience as relevant to this position. You will need to demonstrate how you meet the focus capabilities and how your skills will enable you to achieve the key accountabilities.
- Target questions - answer the target questions - maximum 300 words each question
1. Using an example of a team/unit plan that you have developed - how did you allocate resources and what was your rationale?
2. Select a challenging workplace goal you have achieved in the last year? How did you maintain your commitment?
Kath Arndell, Acting Manager Communications & Engagement on (02) 6643 0848
Tuesday 5 March 2024 at 11.30 pm (NSW time).
Other important information
This position is located at Council's Grafton Office, however, this may change should business needs identify other work locations to be more appropriate to deliver our services in the future.
A probation period applies to this position.
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply a resume and relevant certificates and licences.
Do you want further information on how to apply under the Capability Framework? Please read our How to apply for a job guide.
Council is an EEO employer and First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
Council also recognises the skills and attributes of veterans and welcomes applications from ex-service personnel.