Closes: Mar 30, 2024
Based at Corowa Aquatic Centre (but will work across other Federation Council Public Pools)
- Attractive rates PLUS paid allowances
- Flexible hours and rostering arrangements
- Community focused role
- Casual - Maximum term 12 months
Federation Council are offering an exciting opportunity for you to make a real meaningful difference in your community and to be part of our supportive and friendly team!
In your new role as an Aqua Fitness Instructor, you will be planning and delivering safe, fun and engaging aqua fitness classes weekly to a range of customer age groups and needs at our public swimming pool facilities.
In this role, you will be responsible for
- Planning, delivering and instructing engaging aqua fitness classes.
- Reviewing and evaluating classes and implementing any improvements to ensure classes meet customer needs.
- Providing input into the development of team plans, goals and objectives.
- Providing effective customer service.
- Ensuring accurate records are maintained.
- Demonstrated previous experience delivering and instructing aqua fitness classes or similar.
- Hold a current and valid NSW working with children check and national police check.
- Hold a current and valid Provide First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation qualification or ability to acquire within 3 months of commencement in the job.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and engage with participants of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise work to achieve set objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply EEO, WHS and ethical practice principles and to act with probity at all times.
What we offer
Federation Council values our employees and the contribution they make to ensure the success and growth of our organisation. When you work for us, you can expect a challenging and rewarding work environment combined with excellent conditions including attractive salaries, hours and opportunities.
Some benefits of working at Federation Council include:
- Being part of a team contributing to your local community.
- A family friendly organisation.
- Opportunities in career enhancement.
- Awards and recognition events.
- Flexible hours and rostering arrangements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- A supportive and inclusive workplace with a real focus on work/life balance.
- Support career development and grow your professional network.
- Diversity of growth of skills and experience.
The appointment will be in accordance with the Local Government State Award and Council’s policies and conditions of employment. The hourly rate is $29.20 – $32.22 per hour including the casual loading, plus standard allowances, depending on qualifications, experience, and skills.
*Please note that weekend work is at the base rate + penalty rates.
We encourage diverse candidates to apply, including women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from multicultural backgrounds, people with disability, veterans, young people, and people over 45 years old, even if your experience doesn’t align perfectly.
How to apply
If you feel that you are the right fit for this position, please include a cover letter telling us how you meet the “Desirable criteria” we have outlined above and attach a resume detailing your work history, qualifications and skills.